Things you need to know about SEO in 2018
If you think that you are an exception from the power of SEO then you are sadly mistaken.
7 things you need to know about your website and SEO.
- Smart investment – Like any investment, you can get out much more than you put in, but if you invest poorly you can reap negative returns.
- Online Visibility – Understanding how SEO or Search Engine Optimisation works especially if you are a business based in Ireland. *In a nutshell* SEO determines where your page ranks Organically (not ads) here is a list of Google’s updated 2018 list of ranking factors.
- SEO uses keywords – Matching your business to the correct search results (as an example) If you are in the sea freight industry in Ireland, Your website will need to be optimised with that phrase or string of keywords by a professional. Remember too much will just make you look spammy!
- Your rank can change! – To get up on the 1st page of Google for multiple keywords you need to maintain your ranking by updating your SEO, and Google loves nothing more than fresh content!
- Changing the goal post – yes, that’s right. Google and other major players change how their organic listing parameters and algorithms work every year, and often times more than once a year.
- Local SEO – Using Local factors like your address and number can increase your visibility in the local search market.
- Backlinks – A “backlink” is created when an external website links to yours. This why some people refer to them as “external backlinks”. How do you get backlinks and how to ensure they are not orphan links?
Contact us for a consultation today.
Next, in our series on Blogging and SEO, we will teach you everything you need to know about PPC Marketing!